My first successful experiment with long exposure times. I like the silken look of the water in this and the lack of obvious scale. It’s pretty hard to tell how big or small the waterfall is. Gotta say I didn’t stay out too long as it was threatening rain (I felt a few drops). This was taken with my old Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D SLR using a Tamron f 2.8 90 mm macro lens and shutter speed priority. Exposure: 1 s, f-stop 29, ISO 100. I used a tripod and a cable shutter release and manual focusing. Tried different exposure times; this one worked best.
I was also playing with my Sony Nex-5N mirrorless SLR using its kit 18-55 mm lens. A one second exposure time seemed to work well again, but the 50 mm lens was not suited to the project. I haven’t bought a remote wireless shutter release yet, so I used the 10 s self-timer with the camera on manual focus and shutter speed priority. I at least proved that the camera would perform and again I like the tiltable screen for low tripod work. The MF digital assist function worked really well, too.
May as well include one NEX 5N shot, but one cannot compare the lens quality. The Tamron is a great lens. Haven’t sprung for an adaptor for my lenses yet.